Date Added: 11 January 2017
: 19 January 2017
Job Title: Director's Assistant
Working For: Office of the Children's Commissioner for England
This is, initially at first, a temporary position which would suit somebody eager to learn about the workings of Westminster and the work of the Office of the Children’s Commissioner. Giving support to the most senior members of the Children’s Commissioner team, it is an opportunity to develop policy knowledge and expand your range of contacts. The post does require first rate administrative skills, energy, initiative and an enthusiasm for working in what can be a very fast paced environment. It isn’t all exciting: the work will include a significant degree of administrative work such as printing, emailing and arranging meetings. If you think you have the correct mix of skills and a positive attitude, we would love to hear from you
The post will work primarily with the Director of Strat and Advocacy and the Director of Evidence .
· To help with diary management for the Director of Strategy and Advocacy and Director of Evidence , working in close partnership with the Children’s Commissioner’s business support team
· To provide administrative support for advocacy projects and external engagements
· To provide secretariat support to the evidence team to set up steering groups and advisory groups for evidence projects
· To support the preparation and administration of business plans
· To provide administrative support to policy analysts in preparing for events and consultations
· To assist the business support team as needed
This is a 3 month contract with view to extend for the right candidate.
Closing Date: 19 January 2017
Interviews will be held on 23rd Jan. You MUST be able to start immediately.
Please forward your CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role, to OCC.Recruitment@childrenscommissioner.gsi.gov.uk.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Kelly.Pickard@ChildrensCommissioner.gsi.gov.uk.