Date Added: 12 January 2017
: 20 January 2017
Job Title: Media and Communications Officer
Working For: Barry Gardiner MP (Brent North)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Working with colleagues to develop and implement an effective media and public relations strategy and to lead on the presentation of Barry’s work in his role as Shadow Secretary of State for International Trade, Shadow Minister for International Climate Change and Constituency MP for Brent North in national, local and regional media and through digital communications.
- Devising and implementing a long term media strategy
- Ability to build relations with the national media to maximise coverage.
- Setting up media interviews, articles and photo opportunities.
- Preparing pro-active and reactive media responses will feature significantly in this role.
- Writing press releases, articles, media briefings and media monitoring.
- Developing and implementing a digital communications strategy. Maintaining and refreshing the website and ensuring that Barry’s work is communicated effectively on social media.
- Writing copy for both internal and external communications.
- Liaising with the national Labour Party press team.
• An understanding of how to devise and deliver a media strategy
• A good knowledge of/or good understanding of Labour Party policies and elected representatives
• An understanding of International Climate Change and International Trade
• Experience as a press officer or journalist
• Excellent political judgement
• Excellent understanding of national media
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of developing and implementing a media strategy
• Experience of modern campaigning techniques
• Experience in a similar role
• Understanding of International Climate Change policy
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 January 2017
Interviews will be held in London on 26th and 27th January 2017.
Start date ASAP.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
We will only be able to respond to those applicants who are called for interview.