Date Added: 23 January 2017
: 20 February 2017
Job Title: Constituency Communications Officer/Support Officer
Working For: Mary Robinson MP (Cheadle)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mary Robinson MP has a vacancy for a Constituency Communications Officer/Support Officer at her busy constituency office in Cheadle Hulme, Cheadle.
• Dealing with queries from members of the public.
• Researching and gathering information to help resolve enquiries, and progress casework.
• Manage the Member’s social media accounts and the content of the Member’s website.
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with the media and prepare press releases as required.
• Attend meetings with the Member as required.
• Prepare briefings for the Member to ensure she is well informed on key issues.
• Pro-actively look for opportunities to publicise the Member’s work both in Parliament and the constituency.
• Manage projects and events.
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Highly organised, with the ability to plan and prioritise work and manage competing deadlines.
• Customer service experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience in event planning and project management
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office packages and social media tools
• A good knowledge of Cheadle and the North West
• Willing to be flexible, working as part of a small team with a large and varied workload
We will consider both full and part-time applicants.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 February 2017
Start Date: ASAP.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible and we may appoint before the closing date should a suitable candidate be found.
Please submit your CV (no more than 2 pages) along with a covering letter demonstrating your experience and suitability for the role (no more than one page) to email@example.com.