Breakthrough is looking for an Account Coordinator to join our growing News and Network team in the UK, who will help support our work with a range of local partners and stakeholders. Account Coordinators will help support Account Managers in creating communications strategy for our partners, including marketing materials, branding, messaging and narratives, ensuring client objectives guide the process.
Breakthrough is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative concepts, technical build, multimedia production, dissemination and evaluation in-house. We specialise in working with multiple stakeholders including government, NGOs, charities, media organisations and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), who help us meet our campaign objectives and drive positive social change.
Interested? How does this sound..
- You will establish, nurture and maintain relationships with civil society organisations, consulting on their grassroots campaigns using your communications expertise and in-depth knowledge of the issues facing their communities.
- You will brief creative, production and digital teams on the creation of on and offline campaign materials and regular content strands for civil society organisations.
- You will provide advice to grassroots organisations when required on strategic communication direction, giving guidance and thinking of creative approaches to new projects.
- You will attend daily news meetings in which you will contribute ‘news-jacking’ options and valuable analysis.
What we need from you…
Project management skills are important, you will update internal and external stakeholders on progress on a regular basis, establishing, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients across the board. Working in a fast-paced, news-led environment you’ll work together with civil society organisations to respond to developments in the news in an effective, creative, timely and strategic manner.
- You should have some experience in a media, communications and/or PR environment, preferably within or working alongside third sector organisations.
- You will be proficient in the use of database and internet tools, including spreadsheets, word processing and social monitoring tools.
- You should have some level of understanding about how to reach different audiences on social media platforms.7
Lastly, we’re committed to hiring a diverse workforce from different professional and cultural backgrounds, and to that end we encouraging a variety of peoples to our company to represent the diverse range of subjects associated with our projects.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter (maximum of one page) with information on why you’re right for this role, and what excites you about this job and our company to: email@example.com.