Date Added: 25 January 2017
: 20 February 2017
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: Dr EIlidh Whiteford MP (Banff and Buchan)
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience, in line with IPSA pay scales
Eilidh Whiteford MP for Banff and Buchan is seeking an experienced Constituency Support Manager for her Constituency Office based in Peterhead.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills, excellent organisational and administrative skills, the ability to supervise a small staff team, and a commitment to serving the public.
You will have a solid understanding of the political and parliamentary environment, some knowledge of media and social media, and will be able to work effectively with others, sometimes to tight deadlines.
You will also have a driving licence and access to a car.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and aware of emerging trends
• Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with local media, prepare press releases as required
• Project management
• Provide briefings for the Member
• Research local, regional or national issues to support the Member’s work
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
• Supervise other members of staff
The role is mostly normal office hours, Monday to Friday, but also involves some evening and weekend work.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 February 2017
Closing at 5pm.
Interviews will take place in Peterhead on Saturday 4th March.
Applicants should send a CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.