Date Added: 26 January 2017
: 27 February 2017
Job Title: Research and Policy Intern
Working For: ILC-UK
Salary: London living wage - £9.75 per hour
ILC-UK is the leading think-tank on ageing and demographic change. We have over 15 years’ experience of producing ground breaking research, policy analysis and debate.
Over the last year, we have enjoyed great success both in terms of our impact and reach:
*Producing over 35 reports.
*Holding over 50 high level events and conferences in conjunction with No 10 Downing Street, members of the Royal Family, Ministers and celebrities.
*Featuring in every UK national newspaper and international publications, contributing to national TV and Radio debates and reaching an international Twitter audience of more than 5 million.
Many of our recent interns (five out of seven) have continued their employment with the ILC-UK after their initial placement and this represents a great opportunity to work with a small, dynamic and friendly team in the heart of Westminster.
Key Skills and Competencies
Essential: Able to support the research team with a range of research activities, including:
1. Writing accurately and succinctly for a range of audiences.
2. Policy analysis and developing recommendations.
3. Information and evidence gathering (including undertaking literature reviews).
4. Strong analysis of official statistics and other data using Excel.
5. Ability to present research, liaise with clients and disseminate findings.
6. Understanding of UK public policy environment and influencing process.
7. Ability to work independently in a highly-pressured environment and to tight deadlines in a small team.
Hours: 5 days a week, 35 hours (flexible for the right candidate).
Duration of contract: 6 months with strong potential for an ongoing formal position (all of our last three interns went on to full-time positions)
More details on this link
Closing Date: 27 February 2017
Interview date: 14-20th March.
Start date: ASAP.
Send a maximum 2 page CV and 1 page covering letter to the Director of Research and Strategy at email@example.com ensuring that the email subject field is: Research and Policy Intern application.
If selected for interview you will be asked to produce a short sample of your written work.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occassion.