Date Added: 28 January 2017
: 27 March 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Contributors
Working For: Naked Politics
Salary: None (part-time)
Naked Politics is a political blogging site dedicated to young people. We provide interesting, appealing political articles from a variety of political perspectives.
If you have a passion for all things political you may be perfect for us!
What We Are Looking For:
- A non-academic, chatty, informal style.
- Good writing skills.
- Interesting takes on topical issues.
- The ability to be able to form well argued opinions in writing.
- The ability to use evidence to support opinions.
- Articles/blog posts which will be written for young people.
- To support the core values of our site, which is to be “Transparent, Honest and Agenda Free”.
- We’re also looking for more LGBT writers in particular!
What We're Not Looking For:
- Over the top, sensationalist articles.
- Overly academic writing- we like our articles to be complex in the issues they tackle, but not in the way they are written!
- Anything derogatory or very offensive. We are open to all ranges of political opinions, but it goes without saying we will not tolerate anything deemed to be deeply prejudiced/discriminatory.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 27 March 2017
There are no interviews for this post.
Please send an email to our editor Banseka Kayembe at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a CV and a little information about yourself and your motivations for applying. All applicants will be notified as to whether they are successful or not.