Date Added: 31 January 2017
: 20 February 2017
Job Title: Research & Parliamentary Assistant and Co-ordinator for Prison Hope
Working For: Rt Revd James Langstaff, Bishop to Prisons
Location: Internet. Travel will be required
Salary: London living wage - £9.75 per hour, plus travel expenses
To support the Bishop in his work in the House of Lords and more widely, especially in his role as Bishop to Prisons. The post holder will have a particular responsibility for the co-ordination of Prison Hope, an exciting initiative which draws together a wide range of organisations concerned with prisons and criminal justice.
The successful candidate will:
• be keen to learn, seeing this role as an opportunity for personal development;
• be self-motivated, flexible and pragmatic, with capacity to take the initiative;
• be confident in communicating with a wide range of people, with capacity to write for publication, including engaging through social media;
• show ability to understand and analyse complex issues, legislation and formal processes;
• have administrative and organisational competence, including capacity to organise and deliver projects and events;
• demonstrate IT competence, including using Word, Excel, Outlook, social media and websites;
• be a graduate in a relevant subject, possibly working towards a further degree; and
• have sympathy towards the Christian faith and an interest in the Church of England.
Closing Date: 20 February 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 7 March 2017.
For full details of post please visit the diocesan website http://www.rochester.anglican.org/diocese/vacancies/other-opportunites/.
For an application form please contact Emma Simpson-Duke firstname.lastname@example.org