Date Added: 2 February 2017
: 19 February 2017
Job Title: Policy and Events Intern/Assistant
Working For: Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO)
Salary: £18,000 – £23,000 per annum pro rata
Fixed-term contract until 31 August 2017.
We are looking for high calibre and self-motivated candidate to join us as Policy and Events Intern/Assistant (role contingent upon level of experience). You will play an active role across the team, and your tasks would involve keeping abreast of policy and research developments, supporting our events programme, delivering membership functions, and contributing to our website and social media presence. With an interest in the sector, a keen attention to detail, and relevant work experience, you will be comfortable working in a flexible and fast paced atmosphere and with a wide variety of responsibilities.
Our small team works closely with our Board of Directors, who are Chief Executives and Directors of the UK’s largest housing associations and private providers of housing-with-care for older people. This role therefore offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to gain unique executive-level insight into the strategic workings of a sector predicted to grow substantially over the coming years.
Key tasks include:
- Assist with policy functions, including contributing to letters, briefings and consultation responses, and conducting research on health, housing, and social care policy (including assisting with ARCO’s in house research, and research database).
- Contribute to the production of content for web, intranet, email, and print, and updating web pages.
- Assisting with communication with members, for example compilation and sending of member bulletins.
- Event/conference assistance – ARCO holds an annual conference and runs multiple workshops and meetings throughout the year. Tasks may include liaising with attendees and the venue, organising collateral, and tech support.
- Assist in the delivery of ARCO’s PR strategy through media monitoring, tweeting, contributing to press releases, etc.
- Assist in the delivery of membership functions to member organisations (eg, certifying schemes, answering member queries, liaising with members).
- General membership administration (eg, keeping members’ register up to date, and supporting ARCO’s self-regulatory functions around ARCO’s Consumer Code).
- External communication with the public and stakeholders, mainly via telephone and email queries.
For more information please see the job description/person specification at http://arcouk.org/about-arco/jobs/.
Closing Date: 19 February 2017
We plan to hold interviews for this post on 22nd and 24th February and on 1st March in London. Candidates to be invited to interview will be notified on 20th February. We would ideally require the successful candidate to start as early as possible in March.
To apply for the role, please submit the following:
- A concise and precise covering letter detailing why you are interested in this position and clearly explaining how you meet the person specification.
- A short CV (maximum of 2 pages), which should clearly outline any relevant experience to date.
Please send your application to Shandi Petersen, Operations Manager, at email@example.com. Please indicate whether you are applying for the position of Intern or Assistant.
Please see http://arcouk.org/about-arco/jobs/ for more info.