Date Added: 2 February 2017
: 28 February 2017
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Researcher - Carbon Monoxide Safety Campaigns
Working For: Policy Connect
Salary: £24,552 – £26,016
We are looking for an experienced policy researcher to support our work to tackle the causes of Carbon Monoxide poisoning and fatalities. This includes providing support to the All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group and the Carbon Monoxide All Fuels Action Forum. As the senior researcher you and your manager will work closely with key stakeholders to develop and deliver new Parliamentary campaign strategies for the team. You will be liaising with our MPs and Peers and key sector organisations.
The All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group (APPCOG) exists to bring parliamentarians together to tackle carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in the UK. In doing so, it works closely with the Carbon Monoxide All Fuels Action Forum (the Forum), a coalition of energy and other industry representatives, medical professionals, researchers, campaigners and others committed to tackling the issue of CO poisoning.
The APPCOG and All Fuels Forum
• Deliver a programme of events and roundtables to underpin the APG and Forum activities, as well as to develop the CO conversation in Parliament
• A research project is likely to start this year
• A Spring Report on APPCOG/Forum activity
• Assist recruitment of new membership and innovative project/event sponsorships
• Press coverage, liaison and any media campaigns alongside the Marketing & Communications team
• Regular newsletters/member updates
• Website updating
• Social media management
• Administration duties
Across Policy Connect
• Work with Policy Connect teams to help deliver occasional events, and also opportunities for cross-departmental work
• Attend regular internal meetings and take part in internal communications/knowledge sharing
• Policy Connect has a number of internal teams including scrutiny, CSR which you will be asked to assist or to join
• Demonstrate a flexible approach as additional duties commensurate with the grade of this post may occur from time to time
• Actively participate in regular performance reviews and appraisal meetings with line manager
• Participate in the Policy Connect learning and development programme
For person requirements and more information, visit http://www.policyconnect.org.uk/senior-parliamentary-researcher-carbon-monoxide-safety-campaigns.
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Interview Date: Likely week commencing 6 March 2017, in the Policy Connect office in Southwark.
Start Date: Immediately.
To apply, follow application instructions given at http://www.policyconnect.org.uk/senior-parliamentary-researcher-carbon-monoxide-safety-campaigns.