Date Added: 3 February 2017
: 28 February 2017
Job Title: Communication Officer
Working For: Commonwealth Human Ecology Council
Salary: London living wage – £9.75 per hour (8 hours per week)
Flexible schedule, for three months, with possible extension.
The successful candidate will support the organisation with a range of communication tasks including updating and developing our website, conducting research, supporting publications, meetings and conferences. The role will be as follows:
CHEC works in areas such as sustainable livelihoods, food security, education/health, bio-diversity and ecosystems and human/environment relations to promote these concerns at local and international levels. The successful candidate will work on environmental concerns, especially in relation to developments in Commonwealth countries.
• Supporting CHEC to improve and develop its website, making it more interactive and educational, and using it to promote and support understanding and awareness of the relationship between people and the environment in which they live
• Writing, improving and producing publicity materials
• Project support
• Potential for helping to prepare for Commonwealth events and Ministerial meetings
CHEC is looking for candidates with:
• experience in improving and using websites and social media platforms
• research for content for website
• good self-administrative management
• an interest in international development, environmental and education issues
• an understanding on how Commonwealth works
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Interviews will take place at the end of March. Starting date: 3rd April 2017.
Email CV to: email@example.com.