Date Added: 3 February 2017
: 24 February 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mark Pawsey MP (Rugby)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mark Pawsey, Member of Parliament for Rugby, is looking to recruit a full-time member of staff to join his constituency office team based in Rugby town centre.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic with a keen interest in politics. You will work as part of small team based in Rugby and will carry out typical office duties as well as the specific duties of the role. Some experience of working in an MP's office would be an advantage but is not a requirement. Knowledge of the Rugby area is also favourable.
● Managing, tracking and resolving casework enquiries
● Dealing with telephone and face-to-face enquiries from constituents
● Providing advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues
● Researching and gathering information to help resolve enquiries and progress casework
● Attend meetings with the MP as required including regular weekly advice surgery meetings
● Liaising with Government departments, local councils and other organisations
● Drafting letters and emails and maintaining detailed case records
● Supporting, and in some cases coordinating, local community campaigns
The successful candidate must have:
● Proven communication and interpersonal skills
● Be able to prioritise tasks and work independently
● Able to take the initiative and work proactively
● Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications
● Be highly organised and able to manage competing deadlines
● Have the ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times
● Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office packages
● A good understanding of the Rugby constituency
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 February 2017
Interviews will be held in Rugby on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel that you are the right candidate to join Mark’s team to Yousef Dahmash via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.