Date Added: 7 February 2017
: 3 March 2017
Job Title: Communications and Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Confederation of Paper Industries
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire with some travel to London
Salary: £30k - £35k
The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) is the leading trade association representing the interests of the UK’s Paper-Based Industries. Our membership comprises paper and board manufacturers and converters, corrugated packaging producers, soft tissue makers and collectors of paper for recycling.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications and Public Affairs Manager to join our friendly team.
Based in Swindon and working under the direction of our Director of Communications, you will provide a professional communications and public affairs service to help increase the profile of CPI. You will be required to travel to London.
- Working with the Director General and Director of Communications to develop and deliver a public affairs strategy to further the aims and objectives of CPI
- Recommend appropriate tactics for effective engagement to raise awareness and strengthen our reputation with key political and policy stakeholders
- Proofing, formatting and sending letters to political stakeholders
- Maintain Press and Parliamentary contact details
- Issue MPs and MEPs Briefings
- Help in drafting documents eg, online fact sheets and position papers, and printed publications
- Provide support for CPI’s Corrugated Sector promotional campaign
- Develop and drive CPI’s social media strategy
The role calls for an individual with good writing and communications skills and someone who is well organised and proficient with Microsoft Office. Ideally, the candidate will have a good knowledge of the workings of government and parliamentary procedure and good political nous, as well as some advocacy experience. Experience of managing projects across communications, delivering in areas such as social media would also be an advantage. You must be able to use your own initiative and work well within a team.
See more at www.paper.org.uk.
Closing Date: 3 March 2017
CVs should be sent to: Emma Punchard, Director of Communications.
By post: CPI, Papermakers House, 1 Rivenhall Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN5 7BD.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.