Date Added: 7 February 2017
: 16 February 2017
Job Title: Caseworker & Constituency Project Manager
Working For: Chris White MP (Warwick and Leamington)
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: In line with Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority pay scales
Chris White, Member of Parliament for Warwick and Leamington, is seeking a full-time member of staff to join his constituency office team based in Leamington Spa.
The role is multifaceted and will require working with a range of public bodies, government departments and other agencies. Casework can be wide-ranging and complex and the need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and initiative is vital.
The Project Manager aspect of the role will involve various constituency issues, from planning concerns to supporting local business forums, as well as building relationships across agencies.
• Managing, tracking and resolving casework enquiries.
• Providing advice and support to constituents on a broad range of issues.
• Attend meetings with the MP as required including regular weekly advice surgery meetings.
• Monitor and progress long-term constituency projects.
• Liaise with Government departments, local councils and other organisations.
• Correspond effectively via letter and email and maintain detailed case records.
The successful candidate must:
• Have proven communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
• Be able to prioritise tasks to work independently and proactively, using their own initiative.
• Be highly organised and able to manage competing deadlines.
• Work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 February 2017
Interviews will be held in Leamington Spa w/c 20th February.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.