Date Added: 7 February 2017
: 28 February 2017
Job Title: Interim PR & Media Manager
Working For: Londonwide LMCs
Salary: £37,500 pro rata + benefits
This is a fixed-term contract from April 2017 to the end of January 2018.
Joining our vibrant membership organisation representing over 7,000 NHS general practitioners and 1,300 practice teams in London, Londonwide LMCs provides pan-London leadership and shared committee services for its members, working from its modern headquarters in Euston.
This is a particularly challenging and rewarding time to be working in health communications in the Capital and we are seeking an experienced corporate communications professional to join a dynamic communications, media and marketing team to help make the case for London general practice.
Reporting to the Acting Head of PR and Media, you will be responsible for:
- continuing to raise the organisation’s profile across trade, regional and national media;
- advising and supporting GP leaders in media handling, reputation management and public relations activity at a pan-London and local borough level;
- editing our monthly members’ e-newsletter: identifying relevant news, commissioning content, sub-editing and proofing third party text;
- setting the running order for our e-newsletter against a tight deadline;
- the provision of a professional PR and media management service across the organisation;
- media monitoring, copywriting, brand management, market research, PR event co-ordination, stakeholder engagement and internal and external marketing communications.
To be successful, you will be able apply your experience to rapidly demonstrate excellent PR and editing skills, plus an understanding of the factors driving health news. Having pre-existing contacts in national, local and health trade media would be an advantage.
In return, you will enjoy a 16% pension contribution into the group personal pension scheme. Other benefits include 25 days' annual leave (pro rata) and flexi time.
The full job description and person specification can be downloaded here:
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Closing at noon.
The post may close earlier if there is a very high number of responses.
Interview date: Friday 10th March 2017.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining how you demonstrate the skills and experience required for the role to Marie Vassallo Marie.Vassallo@lmc.org.uk.
Successful candidates only will be contacted after the 1st of March 2017.