Date Added: 9 February 2017
: 23 February 2017
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Barrow Cadbury Trust
Salary: £17,745 PA
The post holder will be paid the London Living Wage rate, 35 hours per week (or part-time pro rata, by negotiation). The internship is a 1 year fixed-term appointment. Support with job search, and opportunities for gaining experience and skills, are part of our offer.
Purpose of Role
- Support the delivery of our new Social Investment Infrastructure Programme (we estimate that around 40% of the post holders time)
- Support the day to day running of the Trust - working with the senior managers and the wider team with administrative work, and, as we offer the Trust’s meeting room to external partners as well as having a busy schedule of meetings associated with our own work, helping with bookings and hosting (around 40%)
- Enable opportunities for career development in addition to experience gained through work activities (up to 20%).
The internship is designed to be mutually beneficial. The successful candidate will gain knowledge and experience of social justice issues, working with partners, the social investment and charity sectors, working in a team, supporting a manager and busy office.
We expect that up to a day a week will be spent on additional development activities eg shadowing staff, attending external events or volunteering. There is no budget to pay for qualifications or formal training activities, as the learning provided through the role is so extensive.
Key areas of focus/responsibilities
The role will be varied but tasks are likely to include any or all of the following:
Social Investment Infrastructure Fund
- diary management, forward planning;
- travel arrangements;
- arranging meetings and events;
- maintaining the database of grants and investments;
- administrative roles associated with assessment and management of grants and investments.
- hosting visitors: helping with setting up meeting room, meet and greet, providing refreshments;
- supporting routine administrative tasks such as keeping grant files in good order, periodic archiving;
- supporting individual members of the Programme Team, for example booking travel, arranging meetings;
- undertaking special projects as may be needed from time to time;
- supporting the communications function of the Trust.
Closing Date: 23 February 2017
Interviews will be held on Friday 3 March at the Trust’s offices at Kean House, 6 Kean Street, London WC2B 4AS.
Apply via this link https://www.barrowcadbury.org.uk/about/our-people/vacancies/ where you will find an application pack. Follow the applications instructions carefully. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK.