Date Added: 8 February 2017
: 22 February 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Neil Coyle MP (Bermondsey and Old Southwark)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Neil Coyle MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to work in his busy parliamentary office. The job is full-time.
• Providing research and briefings on specific subjects relevant to Neil’s constituency, policy interest and select committee work
• Diary management for a very busy schedule in parliament and constituency
• Organising parliamentary questions and ensuring constituents and organisations receive replies
• Drafting blogs, updates and ads for Neil’s web and facebook presence
• Preparing and distributing press releases, newsletters, and email and print mail-outs. Securing, monitoring and disseminating positive coverage
• Helping draft responses to policy enquiries from constituents
• Monitoring legislation, Early Day Motions and other relevant parliamentary business and maintaining and developing knowledge of legislative process
• Managing Westminster tours and PMQ ticket requests from constituents
• Accompanying and representing Neil in relevant meetings
• Ensuring professional records are kept adhering to Data Protection Act requirements and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and an ability to take initiative and be responsible for own workload
• A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• An awareness and understanding of local and national political issues
• Being sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 February 2017
Rolling interviews with a starting date as soon as possible.
Please send all applications to Laura Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading 'Application for Parliamentary Assistant'.