Date Added: 8 February 2017
: 22 February 2017
Job Title: Digital Manager
Working For: International Rescue Committee UK
Salary: £40,000 per annum
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Communications to develop and deliver IRC-UK’s communications strategy for Europe. This role drives forward digital strategy and campaigns, while also leading on the production of print content, in support of the IRC’s Europe Strategy.
This position has authority to lead on: multi-channel communications campaigns in Europe, creative content production, web development projects.
- University degree, preferably in a subject related to this post, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of humanitarian issues and crises, and of public, media and digital debates in Europe on refugee policy and humanitarian and development aid
- Experience of managing digital campaigns for fundraising or advocacy purposes
- First class storyteller, with strong creative skills, with a track record of producing compelling and innovative digital content
- Knowledge of SEO and experience of developing and delivering SEO strategies successfully
- Knowledge of Google Adwords and experience of running Adwords campaigns
- First-class attention to detail and the ability to synthesise and adapt complex information for a variety of audiences
- Excellent communications skills in English, verbally and in writing
- Adept at writing clean, accurate and engaging copy under tight deadlines
- Experience of managing websites and social media channels
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at the same time, deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop strong internal working relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and independently in a multicultural and participatory environment
- Understanding of European donor visibility compliance, and experience of developing proposals for communications grants
- Understanding of brand marketing
- Experience of working with a creative agency, corporate and/or charitable organisation in a similar role
- Budget management experience, allowing you to prepare and monitor budgets with confidence
- Experience of line managing other members of staff and managing a team
- High level of literacy of Drupal and other programmes
Closing Date: 22 February 2017
Interviews will be on 2nd March 2017.
Please send a CV (two pages maximum) and cover page (two pages maximum) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state clearly in your cover letter:
Your reasons for applying
How you meet the person specification, skills and experience specified in the job description
Where you saw the job advertised
In order to minimise administrative costs, IRC-UK will only contact short-listed candidates.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.