Date Added: 9 February 2017
: 7 April 2017
Job Title: Programmes Assistant
Working For: Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF)
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000
Location: City of London.
Reporting to the Head of Meetings, the Programmes Assistant will play a central role in helping to generate, research and develop events for OMFIF members in Europe and other regions of the world. Candidates must demonstrate a strong commercial outlook, exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills. The multi-faceted role involves helping to research and write conference programmes, assisting with shaping content of the events and hosting them on the day.
- Research and assist with writing programmes for meetings including lectures, briefings, roundtables and panels
- Research and invite speakers and moderators to participate
- Support the programmes managers in creating pre-event briefing and protocol documents for speakers and attendees
- Liaise with membership department to create suitable meetings of interest to existing and potential members
- Coordinate post-meeting written summary
- Assist with maintaining relationships with member organisations, central banks, finance ministries and treasuries
- Perform outreach to global public investors with whom OMFIF has not yet worked
- Attend London-based and potentially some international meetings
- Answer queries and provide information to stakeholders before, during and after a meeting
- Provide administrative support to rest of meetings team when needed
- Working with multipliers to increase the reach of our open meetings
- An interest in economics, politics and foreign affairs; conversant in economic terminology
- Ability to translate current events into topics for meeting programmes
- Strong teamwork, organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Attention to detail
- MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Salesforce or other CRM system
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently as required
- Qualifications and experience
- Additional European language a plus
- Prior role within public or private area of finance sector preferred
- Demonstrable ability to write/edit material such as (but not limited to) programme briefings or articles
Closing Date: 7 April 2017
We wish for somebody to start the position as soon as possible.
Applicants should apply by email to jobs(at)omfif.org with the following documents:
up-to-date CV of no more than two pages
a separate, single-page, single-spaced covering letter of no more than one page
Please send the above for the attention of Lauren Roberts and include 'Application for Assistant Programmer' in the email subject line.
Covering emails not accepted as substitutes to separate covering letters.