Date Added: 9 February 2017
: 22 February 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Chris Leslie MP (Nottingham East)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Chris Leslie MP is looking for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to work in his Westminster office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with excellent communication skills, with experience and a good knowledge of the political process.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out research into local, national and international issues in order to support Chris with debates, speeches, articles and media;
- Undertake administrative tasks to manage the Westminster office;
- Help manage Chris’ media and social media presence;
- Meet with stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently;
- Strong research skills;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook;
- Ability to prioritise heavy workload in busy environment and meet deadlines;
- Ability to liaise effectively with Members of Parliament, external organisations and media;
- Experience of dealing with sensitive issues and respecting the need for confidentiality.
It is desirable that applicants have:
- Experience working in politics;
- Experience using social and digital media;
- A commitment to Labour Party values.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 February 2017
Closing for all applications is 5pm.
Interviews will follow.
Please send a cover letter and CV (with two potential referee details) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or informal discussion about this post please call Ben Brodie on 020 7219 2688.