Date Added: 9 February 2017
: 22 February 2017
Job Title: Events Intern/Volunteer
Working For: Facing History and Ourselves
Charity Number: 1103592
Salary: Reasonable travel and lunch expenses covered (part-time, flexible hours)
Facing History and Ourselves is an international professional development organisation that equips teachers and young people with skills that allow them to wrestle with today’s difficult issues through the lens of history. By studying the historical development of the Holocaust and other examples of genocide, students make the essential connection between history and the moral choices they confront in their own lives. Facing History London’s office serves educators across the United Kingdom, by providing professional development training. We also organise community events and fundraising events to support our core mission.
We are now looking for an Events Intern/Volunteer to help support the office with exciting upcoming events and our engagement with teachers. The ideal candidate would be able to volunteer 1-3 days a week preferably until mid-June. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in experiencing project management and event coordination at an international charity.
Some duties include:
• Support several aspects of planning and logistics of organising a fundraising dinner and educational workshops.
• Research potential donors and foundations and help create outreach strategy to potential donors and new supporters.
• Liaise with international staff, board members, and members of the public before events to answer questions and coordinate events.
• Database entries and general office support.
• University degree in relevant subject (postgraduate students are also encouraged to apply)
• Experience in event planning
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks while delivering quality work on a tight deadline
• Strong understanding of Microsoft office
• Excellent communication skills and comfort working with a wide range of professionals
• Social media experience
• Interest in the UK education sector and/or international charity sector
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 22 February 2017
We would like someone who is available to start from the beginning of March. We will interview during the w/c 27 February.
To apply, send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Events Intern” in the subject line.