Date Added: 10 February 2017
: 22 February 2017
Job Title: Stagiaire
Working For: Alex Mayer MEP (East of England)
Salary: Approximately £1,450 per month
Alex Mayer is looking for an enthusiastic and committed stagiaire (intern) to work in her office in the European Parliament in Brussels.
The salary will be paid in Euro, in line with the starting at Grade 1 as per the European Parliament payscale.
The post would start in early March, and will last for 5 months, with a possibility of an extension.
The role will give a successful applicant the opportunity to gain highly valuable work experience and provide an insight into the internal operation of the European Parliament and the work of Alex Mayer and the other Labour MEPs at this crucial time.
Alex is Labour MEP for the East of England, Labour Link Person on Human Rights and Foreign Affairs. Applicants should be sympathetic to the aims of the Labour Party.
The stage/internship will include the following duties:
• General administration, correspondence and office duties in a very fast paced and pressurised environment.
• Managing Alex’s Brussels diary including leading with travel arrangements.
• Providing briefings and drafting speeches on a wide range of policy areas – focusing on Alex’s key interests as well as constituency issues.
• Organising meetings, conferences and receptions within the Parliament.
• Representing Alex at a variety of meetings in her absence and reporting back.
• Following the work of the foreign affairs, human rights and employment committees.
Closing Date: 22 February 2017
Closing 4pm UK time, 5pm Brussels time.
Interviews Friday 24 February in Cambridge and Wednesday 1 March in Brussels.
Start date: early March.
Please apply using the application form at: www.alexmayer.eu/work_for_alex.