Date Added: 10 February 2017
: 24 February 2017
Job Title: Internship
Working For: The Public Affairs Company
Salary: National minimum wage (£6.95 per hour) or national living wage if age 25 or over (£7.20 per hour)
If you are considering a career in public affairs, The Public Affairs Company is able to provide an opportunity to gain some valuable experience that will be very useful to those seeking employment in this very competitive field.
We provide a paid internship that offers valuable hands-on experience. You will have the chance to be involved in projects such as parliamentary monitoring, research, planning lobbying campaigns, arranging meetings with politicians and officials and writing briefings and other material.
Our offices are in Headingley, Leeds.
You will find that having the following would be an advantage given that we receive a good number of applications:
• A significant interest in, and knowledge of, political and/or government affairs
• At least a basic understanding of the workings of Parliament and Government
• The ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate written material
• Good communication skills
• Experience of working in a government department, a political party, for local government or with an MP or in a similar position would be a distinct advantage.
Closing Date: 24 February 2017
Interviews will take place the week commencing 6th March 2017.
We are looking for an intern to join us from Tuesday 18th April 2017 for a minimum period of three months. The intern would be required to work during our office hours of 9am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please e-mail a CV and covering letter/message saying what you hope to get out of a placement to Mia Briggs on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include contact details for 2 references.