Date Added: 12 February 2017
: 17 February 2017
Job Title: Political and Security Risk Analyst
Working For: Stirling Assynt
We are seeking a security/political risk analyst for an embedded role in a client company. The role will involve analysing global security and political risk developments. The role will also involve some due-diligence and market-entry analysis work. Strong preference will be given to those with Russian or other language skills.
The analyst will also contribute to writing the Assynt Report, our Security Intelligence product. This is an analytical service for major companies operating in the Middle East, and other areas of coverage including South and South-East Asia. It focuses on security issues, terrorism and political stability.
The Role is an existing position embedded in a long-standing client company. Time commitment would be split between the client work and Stirling Assynt responsibilities. For work in the client company, the analyst will undertake a wide range of intelligence functions demanding an innovative and adaptable approach. For Stirling Assynt the analyst will read large amounts of raw material; and then write their relevant section of the Assynt report. It is particularly challenging to take a mass of material, identify the key themes and then present them briefly and clearly.
• To be able to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly.
• A good sense of what is going to matter to commercial clients.
• Work experience. At least three years’ relevant work experience, with demonstrated decision-making capability.
• Strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
• Flexibility and self-confidence. The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
• Political and security awareness. To be able to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences.
• Experience of Security Intelligence analysis in a corporate environment would be highly advantageous.
• Russian language and experience of living/working overseas is strongly desirable.
• Experience of Business Intelligence investigations would be an advantage.
• A good degree.
Closing Date: 17 February 2017
We are looking for someone to start around end February/start of March. Interviews and testing will be conducted in the last two weeks of February.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.