Date Added: 13 February 2017
: 27 February 2017
Job Title: Policy and Research Officer
Working For: Independent Age
Salary: Circa £27,000 per annum
Department: Policy and Campaigns
Reporting to: Policy and Research Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: 18 Avonmore Road, London, W14 8RR
This post will be responsible for providing policy and research support to the charity. The post-holder will be central to delivery of the charity’s policy and research activities and making sure our work delivers the maximum possible impact for older people. The role will line report to the Policy and Research Manager.
The post-holder will work within a team of seven members of staff, bringing together research, policy, campaigns and public affairs professionals.
The main duties are as follows:
- Provide active oversight of social care and other policy issues that affect older people in order to keep the charity up-to-date on latest developments
- Provide flexible policy support across the charity based on the latest evidence provided by its research or services
- Provide regular updates and summaries of policy as it affects older people
- Revise and keep up-to-date the charity’s policy positions on established policy areas
- Work with the team to identify and develop new policy issues for the charity
- Research and produce the charity’s formal responses to government consultation documents and monitor the outcome
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate statistics relevant to older people and respond to both internal and external queries relating to those statistics
- Support the delivery of high quality research projects across a number of policy areas
- Provide information and policy perspectives for media briefings and responses to media enquiries
- Represent the charity as appropriate at meetings and work effectively with external organisations and stakeholders to promote the charity’s key policy messages.
- Support the work of colleagues across the organisation including supporting strategic goals and other cross divisional objectives required.
- To observe and comply with all Independent Age Policies, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Data Protection, Health and Safety and Information Technology Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake specific safety responsibilities relevant to individual roles.
- Some requirement to travel which may involve overnight stays.
Closing Date: 27 February 2017
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th March 2017.
For further information on the role and details on how to apply, please visit our website on: https://jobs.independentage.org/Vacancy.aspx?ref=P006-17.