Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2017.
The FBC operates from a small office in South Kensington. It is staffed by a full-time Director and a part-time Company Secretary (2 days pw). The office is normally open Mon-Fri.
The Project Assistant plays a vital role in assisting the Director and Company Secretary with the implementation of the recently-launched Franco-British Young Leaders Programme and the organisation and delivery of a four-day residential seminar (21-24 June 2017). More information can be found at http://francobritish.org and on Twitter @francobritish.
Key responsibilities include:
Assisting development of Young Leaders Programme
• Social media and internet research, to ensure quality and consistency of message
• Website, social media, graphic design, preparing publicity materials, collating partner logos, Powerpoint slides, programmes, invitations
• Preparing conference and events communications including mail mailmergers of conference documentation and logistics to delegates
• Investigating and booking venues, contacting potential participants, tracking replies, researching agenda topics, facilitating working group meetings, making travel arrangements, arranging translators and interpreters and publicity
• Event facilitation on the day, speaker logistics, programme logistics, networking facilitation, feedback forms
• Event follow-up: email mailmerge contacts directory, website updates, monitoring Twitter, proofread conference reports prior to distribution, track event outcomes
• General office support, including contacts database updates and preparation of mailmerge listings as required. Answering telephone and general email enquiries
Software: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Apps, ACT Database, WordPress, photo-editing packages.
Essential: excellent French (but English mother tongue), a high standard of written English, confident, good phone manner, articulate, excellent WP and organisational skills and experience of social media/websites (LinkedIn, Twitter, WordPress), keeping a cool head, solving problems quickly and thinking outside the box.
Desirable: An interest in European and current affairs, editorial experience and event management.
Applications: a CV with accompanying letter explaining why you are suitable for the job should be sent (by email only) to Marine Shah, Director, Franco-British Council, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on the number of applications received, it may not be possible to acknowledge all applications individually.