Date Added: 15 February 2017
: 10 March 2017
Job Title: Secretary
Working For: Kelly Tolhurst MP (Rochester & Strood)
Location: Rochester, Kent
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Kelly Tolhurst is looking to recruit a Secretary to assist her in the Constituency Office at Rochester.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. They should be able to manage a large workload and demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Diary management – Constituency and Parliamentary
- Arranging events, tours and visits in constituency and Westminster
- Full range of secretarial and administrative support, including: telephone and visitor enquiries, responding to email and letters, efficient file management
- Provide support to caseworker and cover to other staff members as required
- Opening and dispatching mail
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Excellent writing and IT skills (Microsoft packages, internet research, social media and websites)
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to take the initiative and work proactively
- A good understanding of the Rochester & Strood constituency
- Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 March 2017
We may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants should send their CVs with a covering letter outlining your experience and including your current and expected salary to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.