Date Added: 16 February 2017
: 21 March 2017
Job Title: Fundraising Assistant (volunteer position)
Working For: Renaissance Foundation
Charity Number: 1128772
Salary: Expenses such as travel and food (part-time, flexible hours)
This is a great volunteering opportunity for a person who is keen to gain first-hand experience of the fundraising sector for charities. The role will focus on fundraising among trusts and foundations. The person will report directly to the Fundraising and Development officer.
This is the type of thing you will be doing as a volunteer:
• Do background research on trusts and foundations and enrich the list of organisations for which RF is eligible for funding
• Draft funding applications
• Contribute to developing the fundraising plan and associated budget
• Work on other ad-hoc projects when available (drafting strategic documents etc)
• A demonstrable interest in the charity sector, preferably the youth sector
• Educated to bachelor’s level (politics, sociology, or related fields)
• Experience of using Excel
• Autonomous and strongly organised
• An enthusiastic and proactive mindset
• Previous experience of fundraising
We are ideally looking for someone who could volunteer 3 days/week over the next 3-6 months, but this is flexible and can be adapted to suit the candidate’s existing studies or other commitments.
About Renaissance Foundation
Renaissance Foundation is a youth charity based in East-London. We take care of three groups of disadvantaged young people - young carers, transitioning hospital patients and pupils at risk - by offering them a three-year programme designed to strengthen resilience, broaden educational prospects and increase chances of employment. Celebrating our 10-year anniversary this year, we aim to achieve an ambitious fundraising plan for 2017 and are therefore looking to recruit engaged and committed people. We offer a relaxed yet dynamic environment, and our staff has the opportunity to attend events and workshops organised for our young people.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 21 March 2017
Interview Dates: 30 March 2017.
Candidates should submit a CV and a short cover letter to Marie Paglinghi firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 March 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.