Date Added: 16 February 2017
: 10 March 2017
Job Title: Consultant/Senior Consultant
Working For: Hanover Communications
Hanover is looking for a Consultant and/or Senior Consultant with an interest in UK health policy to join our healthcare policy, advocacy & public affairs team. In this hands-on, client facing role, the successful candidate will manage a number of client accounts across our healthcare team and will get involved with new business development.
Within the Hanover healthcare team, we are setting the agenda for life sciences, developing new and innovative ways to get the next generation of medicines to patients, building new relationships with patient advocacy groups and engaging on how a new life science strategy can keep the UK as a global leader in the sector.
This full-time role is an important position in the healthcare team and will be responsible for:
– Providing tactical advice to clients on the mechanics of, and identifying opportunities to pro-actively engage with the political process
– Developing concepts for and supervising the delivery of Parliamentary events
– Drafting briefing notes for relevant UK political representatives and provide strategic input into monitoring reports and briefing notes
– Drafting responses to Parliamentary and stakeholder consultation documents
– Providing reactive press office services
– Delivering contact programmes and engaging with stakeholders
– Building and maintaining demonstrably effective working relationships with relevant Parliamentary representatives
– Contributing creatively towards new business pitches and leading on brainstorms
This role will be based in our London office in Gray’s Inn Road.
We are looking for an experienced professional with the following:
– Expert knowledge of the UK healthcare sector
– Advanced understanding of the UK Parliamentary system and the workings of Westminster
– Understanding of the EU/European Parliament is an advantage
– Demonstrable client service skills, agency experience strongly preferable
– Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
– Passion for news and/or politics and an understanding of their potential impact on business objectives
– Strong networking skills with key media, stakeholder and prospective new business clients
Closing Date: 10 March 2017
Interviews to commence as soon as possible, start date dependent on candidate availability.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to RECRUITMENT@HANOVERCOMMS.COM quoting reference “C-H-W” clearly in the subject header.