Date Added: 16 February 2017
: 3 March 2017
Job Title: International Events Manager
Working For: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience plus performance-related bonus
The International Centre for Parliamentary Studies (ICPS) is a dynamic and fast growing organisation, which organises high-level symposiums, forums and training programmes for Governments and Administrations around the world, focusing on public policy and governance issues.
We have offices in London, Brussels and Mauritius.
We are looking for a high quality and enthusiastic candidate to be our International Events Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of our team, gain important transferable skills and contribute to the success and direction of ICPS.
As an International Events Manager you will join a team based in London where the role involves researching, developing, building and managing the high-level events, including:
• researching potential event topics, across a wide range of public policy areas
• monitoring public policy developments
• briefing the sponsorship sales team and developing the commercial strategy
• writing event programmes and content
• creating event related marketing copy
• researching suitable speakers
• researching potential attendees and coordinating with our Market Research Department
• recruiting high-calibre, appropriate speakers
• marketing the events, and recruiting delegates and participants
• client liaison
• event preparation and delivery
The successful applicant will be a graduate with at least one year’s professional experience, a team-player, and possess proven research, organisational, logistical and time-management skills, with a focus on high-quality event delivery. A confident telephone manner, commercial awareness and an ability to communicate effectively with senior civil servants, politicians and C-level executives from the private sector from around the world, and with other stakeholders is essential.
The ideal candidate will also possess a keen interest and good understanding of geo-politics and international public policy issues, as the ability to understand and explain the subject matter of our courses is essential.
This position will involve some international travel.
Closing Date: 3 March 2017
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, and therefore we may appoint before the closing date.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are keen on the job and how your experience matches the candidate profile. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.