Date Added: 17 February 2017
: 10 March 2017
Job Title: Government & Policy Advisor
Working For: NHBC (National House Building Council)
Salary: £38,500 to £43,000 per annum depending upon experience
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Government & Policy Advisor to join the team in London. NHBC the leading warranty and insurance provider and standard setter for UK house-building, are looking for a talented policy and public affairs specialist to help deliver an effective external affairs strategy.
The responsibilities of the role?
- Monitor policy developments across the UK and EU and communicate relevant developments internally
- Support in the development of policy positions, including drafting consultation responses
- Help to plan and deliver aspects of relevant events including high level roundtables
- Represent the organisation at appropriate networking events and meetings in Westminster, Brussels and the devolved nations
- Support a programme of site visits for high profile stakeholders
- Compile our unique quarterly statistics for external audiences
- Engage political audiences through the use of social media platforms
- Support in forging strong working relationships with colleagues across the UK
- Manage internal stakeholder databases
- Draft copy for internal communications
What skills do I need to have to become a Government & Policy Advisor?
With excellent political awareness and the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to senior colleagues and stakeholders, you will play an important role in delivering NHBC’s busy external affairs programme. We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent working knowledge of Parliamentary procedures and Whitehall departments
- Produces first-class writing including clear and concise briefings for internal and external audiences
- Has proven experience of advising and supporting senior colleagues
- Makes sound and evidence-based judgment calls0
- Is extremely well-organised and pays keen attention to detail000
- Can work autonomously and has a positive, can-do attitude
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of housing issues is desirable but not essential.
This role is based in our London office and is supported by an attractive package of benefits including a travel loan scheme and opportunities to access training and development, as well as the chance to work in our highly respected corporate and external affairs team.
Closing Date: 10 March 2017
There will be a 3 stage interview process, no dates yet set.
We reserve the right to close the role should we find the right candidate before the closing date.
Please follow the link below to apply for this role https://nhbc-careers.co.uk/available-vacancies/NHBC4603/.