Date Added: 17 February 2017
: 20 March 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Kirsty Blackman MP (Aberdeen North)
Salary: £18,000 - £24,0000
- Dealing with enquiries from members of the public via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face contact
- Taking comprehensive case notes
- Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken within agreed timescales
- Drafting letters/e-mails of enquiry to appropriate organisations/agencies Ensuring constituents are updated at all stages of enquiry Preparing mailshots (mail merge, folding letters, enveloping, delivering by hand)
- Preparing posters to advertise constituency surgeries Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Undertaking other duties as instructed by Member of Parliament/Office Manager
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with the ability to identify and take forward issues on behalf of constituents
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, pleasant and confident telephone manner and be able to deal with a wide range of people
- High standard of administrative skills with a demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to deal with sensitive information while respecting the requirement of confidentiality for constituents
- A good background knowledge of the constituency and a demonstrable understanding of issues affecting local communities
- Flexible approach to working with the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative within a local constituency office
Hours: The successful applicant will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5pm Monday-Friday.
Closing Date: 20 March 2017
Application deadline: noon.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday April 4th.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your experience and why you are interested in this role to Fay Robison, Office Manager: email@example.com.