Date Added: 24 February 2017
: 23 March 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Association of Medical Research Charities
Salary: £25,000 PA inclusive of location allowance
This is an exciting role to increase the impact of the AMRC's public affairs work, supporting the policy and public affairs team and engaging with our members to coordinate effective public affairs and media responses.
The AMRC is the national membership organisation for the health and medical research charity world, influencing the policy and research environments by harnessing the collective strengths of our members to demonstrate the sector’s positive impact on health and wellbeing.
We work with a range of opinion formers in the government, industry and academia, to ensure the best possible environment for health and medical research charities in the UK, so patients benefit from the fruits of research.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Delivering public affairs activities to increase AMRC’s policy impact.
• Coordinating the APPG on Medical Research.
• Supporting the medical research charity sector.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
• You will be highly-organised, educated to degree level with ability for grasping and communicating complex issues.
• You will need to be self disciplined, adaptable and able to thrive in a busy environment with lots of challenges.
• Experience and understanding of the role of medical research charities and the biomedical research environment in the UK are desirable, but not essential.
This job may suit someone with experience of the UK parliament, looking to rapidly develop their skills and experience in policy and public affairs.
Further details about the role can be found here: http://www.amrc.org.uk/publications/public-affairs-officer-job-description.
Closing Date: 23 March 2017
Interviews: 29 March – 5 April 2017.
Anticipated start date: April/May 2017.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, explaining what makes you a strong candidate for this role, to Nisha Tailor at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role or wish to have an informal conversation, please contact Nisha.