Date Added: 26 February 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Project Officer
Working For: JAN Trust
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 pro rata dependent on experience (3 days a week)
Part-time 3 days a week FTC 6 months. Further extension will be considered dependent on performance and funding. Flexibility is required as individual may be required to work extra days dependent on organisation need.
JAN Trust is a multi-award winning non for profit organisation. Its aim is to empower and provide leadership for disadvantaged women.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities.
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
• High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc
• Assisting the Director and Head of Operations
• Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
• To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
• To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism
• Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
• Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
• Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
• Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, extremism etc
• Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, extremism. Assisting with projects/services on these issues
• Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
• Assist in fundraising as well as with applications
• Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
• Getting involved with press and releases
• Writing articles
• Travel in the UK (paid for) and must be comfortable with this
• Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
• Updating websites
• Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a role for someone who feels and cares for marginalised women in the UK. This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge and the role.
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and hence we will not wait until the closing date to review and interview.
Send your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the ref: ProjOff-W4MP-02.17.
Covering letter must state:
1. Your experience in meeting the job role
2. Why you would like to work for JAN Trust?
3. What you can bring to JAN Trust