Date Added: 6 March 2017
: 26 March 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Working For: Salvation Army
Salary: £7.50 per hour (30 hours per week)
• To work alongside the Public Affairs Advisor (Westminster).
• Develop and deliver a programme of visits with politicians to our front line work. Liaise with the Media Team to ensure appropriate media coverage.
• Support the Public Affairs Unit as they raise awareness of key policy issues amongst decision makers and opinion formers at a national and local level.
• Monitor parliamentary proceedings and government consultations for subjects of interest to the Salvation Army and attend key meetings in Parliament.
• Track developments in local government. Assist with stakeholder analysis and resource development to support lobbying at local level.
• Organise meetings at party conferences and assist with preparations for fringe events.
• Prepare a report related to the contact programme.
We are involved in media, campaigning and lobbying work. The post holder will be able to liaise with politicians, be an expert at multitasking and will be willing to assist with running complex events.
Prior work experience for a politician or in a public affairs role would be advantageous.
Please note that this is a part-time position of 30 hours per week for a duration of 6 months.
Closing Date: 26 March 2017
Interviews are due to take place on Tuesday 4th April. Applicants will be asked to complete a short written task to be brought to the interview.
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and cover letter as separate files with your full name as part of each filename.
As we are advertising for two different posts, please only apply for one position and clearly indicate the role you are applying for.