EEF has an opportunity for an Environment Policy Adviser to join our well connected team in London.
EEF is the UK’s leading trade body focused on the Manufacturing and Engineering Sector. We represent our members at Government, ensuring industry views remain in both the Government and media spotlight.
In this role you will provide information on environmental and sustainable development issues and will support the development and representation of EEF’s policies in these areas to both the UK and European governments.
EEF is a prominent organisation and you will have a high level of visibility; working directly with senior civil servants and MPs, trade associations and key stakeholders of well-known brands.
• Contributing to the representation and promotion of members’ interests on environmental matters to opinion-formers, through consultation responses, direct contact and participating in committees and working groups
• Maintaining specialism in environmental and sustainable development matters
• Providing environmental policy advice to EEF regional markets and members
• Providing advice and guidance on the requirements and implications of existing and potential environmental policy measures and on best practice to regional offices and members through meetings, briefing papers, conferences and training
• Developing policy on a variety of technical climate and environmental issues
• Acting as the principal contact with government, regulators and industry
• Managing the EEF Climate & Environment Policy committee
• Writing blogs, articles and reports on environmental policy issues
Skills & Experience
• A relevant degree, equivalent professional qualification, or higher
• Experience of environmental and sustainable development issues
• Excellent knowledge of UK/EU parliamentary processes
• Strong influencing and lobbying skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication; including presenting in public and communicating technical concepts to expert and lay audiences
• Flexible with a team orientated approach to work
We require all applicants to share our commitment to putting the Customer First. If you are invited to interview you will be asked to provide examples of delivering high levels of customer service.
There will be a two stage interview process, dates TBC.
The position may be appointed before the advert's closing date.