Date Added: 6 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs and Communications Assistant
Working For: Association of Convenience Stores
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £21,000 PA + benefits
The Association of Convenience Stores is looking for an ambitious candidate to join a growing Public Affairs and Communications team in the newly created role of Public Affairs and Communications Assistant.
ACS is a trade association representing over 33,500 local shops across the UK. ACS provides industry leading advice, networking opportunities and lobbying to its members, underpinned by a strong presence in the trade and national media on key issues facing the convenience sector.
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and Policy, the Public Affairs and Communications Assistant will be responsible for:
- monitoring key developments within Government policy and public affairs, and producing reports for internal, member and external audiences based on that monitoring,
- managing correspondence with ACS’s political and other stakeholder contacts,
- supporting ACS campaigning activity including helping with the organisation of events,
undertaking research on policy issues,
- assisting with the production and distribution of ACS internal communications,
- building relationships with trade press,
- assisting in the execution of ACS’s marketing strategy,
- contributing to ACS’s social media strategy and;
- assisting in the maintenance of the ACS website
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic record to at least undergraduate level, demonstrable experience of working in public affairs or journalism and experience with desktop publishing/web development tools. This role provides significant development opportunities for the right candidate looking to improve their skills and qualifications in the field of public affairs and communications.
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Please send a CV and covering letter to: Edward.email@example.com.