Date Added: 7 March 2017
: 21 March 2017
Job Title: Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Public Affairs
Working For: Newington Communications
Salary: £30,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to join our public and corporate affairs team in London, working for a range of significant clients.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a knowledge and enthusiasm for business, politics and the media
- Have at least three years’ experience working in politics, policy or communications, ideally with strong existing consultancy and management experience
- Have experience developing and executing political and corporate communications strategies
- Feel comfortable providing strategic counsel to senior clients and thinking on their feet
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills, research and organisational skills
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Be a confident presenter, and be able to play a management role in a pitch team
- Be passionate about working as part of a team and developing junior staff
- Have knowledge of the transport, financial services and/or education sectors, although this is not essential
The role will involve
- Leading a range of significant public and corporate affairs accounts – including but not limited to transport, financial services and education clients – on a day-to-day basis, working closely with junior and senior staff
- Working with the team to develop and execute strategies built around the objectives of our clients
- Identifying creative ways to build momentum behind campaigns, including through utilising the media
- Drafting and developing a range of written materials, including position papers, policy documents and new business proposals
- Developing more junior members of staff – nurturing their understanding and skills
- Identifying and pursing new business opportunities, and generally promoting the strength of Newington’s offer
Closing Date: 21 March 2017
Note: Newington reserves the right to appoint a person to the role before the closing date. Interested candidates are therefore advised to submit their CV and cover letter at their earliest convenience
Start date: ASAP.
Applicants who fulfill the criteria are asked to submit a CV and covering letter to Chris White at email@example.com.
All applications will be dealt with according to the Agency’s equal opportunity policy. Due to the volume of applicants we cannot unfortunately respond to each individual application.