Date Added: 7 March 2017
: 31 March 2017
Job Title: Account Executive/Account Manager
Working For: Newington Communications
Location: Manchester and Chelmsford
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Newington is a multi-award winning public and corporate affairs agency. We have grown into the fifth biggest public affairs consultancy in the UK and created one of the strongest and most dynamic communications offers of its kind, with more than 50 consultants operating out of our offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Chelmsford.
Due to extensive growth and new business wins in our recently established Manchester and Chelmsford offices, we are currently recruiting for a number of new staff members across Account Executive/Senior Account Executive/Account Manager level to join Newington’s Local division. The Local division provides political and public affairs support to clients on a local and regional level and specialises in the development, energy and devolution sectors.
We are looking for exceptional candidates who have the right attitude, determination and above all passion for political communications.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be graduate level or equivalent;
• Have a demonstrable knowledge of and enthusiasm for business, campaigns and politics;
• Have at least one year’s experience working in political, policy or communication fields;
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
• Have excellent research and organisational skills;
• Possess a professional eye for detail;
• Be a friendly and enthusiastic team player;
• Have demonstrable knowledge of the North West or Eastern region as appropriate;
• Membership of a political party whilst not essential would be preferable.
The role will require you to:
• Develop a detailed understanding of your clients and their operating environments;
• Undertake political and issue-led research;
• Learn to assess the relevance and motivations of different stakeholders;
• Develop your communication and influence skills;
• Help to deliver targeted engagement programmes and to coordinate events;
• With guidance, develop position papers and policy documents;
• Utilise print, broadcast, digital and social media as part of integrated campaigns;
• Start to identify and pursue new business opportunities;
• Help to deliver community engagement programmes on behalf of clients;
• Some evening and weekend work will be required. Newington has a comprehensive ‘Time Off in Lieu’ policy for such occurrences.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
Successful candidates will be invited to interview at the Manchester or Chelmsford offices respectively and to complete a written exercise in advance. Date TBC. Start date will be as soon as possible.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. In your subject line and covering letter, you should explicitly state if you are applying for the Manchester or Chelmsford office.
All applications will be dealt with according to Newington’s equal opportunities policy. Due to the volume of applicants, we do not respond to each individual application.