Date Added: 7 March 2017
: 21 March 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Gareth Snell MP (Stoke-on-Trent Central)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Gareth Snell, Member of Parliament for Stoke-on-Trent Central, is looking for a highly- motivated and experienced Caseworker to support the work of this busy constituency office.
The successful applicant will have experience in a similar role and must possess the ability to manage a large workload.
Main responsibilities: To provide information, advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues and liaise with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to help resolve matters for constituents.
• manage own caseload and ensuring all cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner and accurate records are kept adhering to the principles of the Data Protection Act.
• deal with daily queries from constituents, gathering relevant information and taking the appropriate action to progress or resolve the case.
• draft responses and respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• liaise with relevant groups within the constituency and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
• liaise with local councillors on local issues and surgeries.
• attend and assist the Member at constituency surgeries meeting.
• analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports when required.
• empathetic, tactful and sensitive when dealing with constituent enquiries, with an ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines.
• able to work effectively as part of a team.
• excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
• able to prioritise a demanding workload and an eye for detail.
• sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 March 2017
Closing at 5pm.
Interviews to be conducted Friday 24th March 2017 with view to starting ASAP.
Please send a short covering letter showing how you meet key responsibilities and a CV of not more than two sides of A4 to email@example.com.