Date Added: 8 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: David Rutley MP (Macclesfield)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
David Rutley MP is looking to appoint a Senior Caseworker to join a small team in his Westminster office. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in Parliament and should be highly motivated, reliable, organised, able to work accurately to deadlines and manage a large workload without supervision.
- Corresponding with constituents on casework matters
- Dealing with daily queries from constituents by telephone
- Liaising with government departments, agencies, the voluntary sector and others
- Monitoring local media coverage, liaising with local media and preparing weekly press releases
- Managing projects
- General Administration
- Developing knowledge in specialist areas
- Assisting the Parliamentary team in the day-to-day working of the office
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise takes and work without supervision
- Personal initiative and a strong, pro active work ethic
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Good IT skills
- The ability to maintain complete discretion and confidentiality Hours:
Full time however reduced hours will be considered for the right candidate.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Interview dates to be confirmed. Start date to be confirmed. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applications will be contacted about an interview.