Date Added: 9 March 2017
: 23 March 2017
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Mel Stride MP (Central Devon)
Salary: According to IPSA pay scales
Mel Stride MP is recruiting a full-time member of staff to join his Westminster office.
Applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a small team. A good telephone manner and good written skills are essential. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, responsible, able to use initiative and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines. Some previous experience in an MP's office would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing, tracking, and resolving casework.
- Dealing with email, letter and telephone enquiries; providing information and support to constituents on a broad range of issues.
- Liaising with Government departments, Local Authorities, and third party organisations to resolve constituency matters.
- Producing letters and emails and maintaining detailed case records.
- Drafting press releases, articles and briefing notes.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Assisting the Parliamentary team in the day-to-day working of the office.
The successful candidate must:
- Have proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and work without supervision.
- Demonstrate an ability for attention to detail.
- Be highly organised.
- Have the ability to exercise initiative and work in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 March 2017
Application Deadline: 5pm.
Interviews for successful candidates will be held in Westminster following the closing date for applications with a view to starting as soon as possible. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please send a CV and covering letter describing why you feel you are the right candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.