Date Added: 9 March 2017
: 27 March 2017
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: APPG on Drones
Salary: Dependent on experience
Role: to support, facilitate and develop the work of the APPG on Drones.
About you: a bright and versatile post-graduate or human rights professional with experience in administration, research, policy analysis and advocacy. A relevant MA or MSc is an advantage.
Background: see Website ‘About Us’ page http://appgdrones.org.uk/about-2/.
- In depth research and analysis for the Coordinator and Members of the APPG
- Work with APPG Members and Officers to ensure that the strategic aims of the APPG are achieved
- Use Parliamentary mechanisms to identify and push forward policy priorities
- Track and develop lines of questioning for MPs
- Engage at a national and international level with policy makers, Government departments, NGOs and journalists to ensure that the APPG is at the forefront of developments in transparency and accountability for the use of drones
- Event management, including identifying and engaging a range of speakers for APPG meetings
- Manage APPG social media and website to raise awareness of the work of the Group and other drones issues more broadly
- Research and identify potential funders for the APPG; draft and submit funding applications; ensure that Officers are able to efficiently administer any funds raised for the group
- Comply with APPG rules set by the Office of the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards
- Extensive knowledge of key issues, including human rights issues
- Extensive research experience in a related field
- Experience compiling and writing reports, articles or briefs about the subject or a related subject
- Ability to summarise with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Proficient in keeping accounts, spreadsheets, minutes and adhering to financial and administrative processes
- An understanding of UK Parliamentary procedures is desirable but not essential
- Consultancy fee to be agreed dependent on experience
- Minimum 2 days per week during parliamentary term times
- Initial 6 month post with availability to extend
Closing Date: 27 March 2017
Please apply in writing with a CV (2 x A4 max), cover letter (1 x A4 max) and writing sample (1 x A4 max) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should entitle their email: ‘Application for APPG Researcher (+ add full name)'.