Date Added: 9 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Membership Administration Officer
Working For: Royal United Services Institute
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 with benefits
RUSI is seeking a Membership Administration Officer to be an important part of its busy membership office. The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) is one of the world’s leading research think-tanks in the fields of defence and security. As a charitable membership body, the Institute maintains a relationship with a large community of individuals and organisations who work in, or are active in, defence and security issues. The successful applicant will be involved in the administration of new membership applications, responding to membership queries and processing events registrations where necessary.
The tasks include:
Receive and process applications for membership in the following categories:
- Individual membership – setup on Raiser’s Edge (database), grant website access and send welcome letter
- Process and manage publications subscriptions
- Administer induction of all membership categories including set-up on database, website access and send welcome letter
Be responsible for ongoing membership administration:
- Manage and chase renewals, member updates and direct debit administration
- Manage members’ queries, requests and changes of contact details/website access/event registration details
- Issue invoices and chase debtors
- Record potential members on the database
- Assist with campaigns to market to potential members and upsell to existing members
- Data entry when required
- Event registration administration
- Assist with event registrations on the database
- Work with others to ensure efficient processing of event registration
The Membership Administration Officer will be line-managed by the Membership and Database Manager and be a member of RUSI’s Communications department. The postholder will be a team player working very closely with other business development staff ensuring that the Institute’s Membership strategy, plans and processes are adhered to.
Requirements (E) Essential/(D) Desirable
- Basic IT proficiency including use of MS Office packages (E)
- Experience of using databases (D)
- Data entry (E)
- Experience in web content management systems (D)
- Good organisational skills (E)
- Attention to detail (E)
- Customer-focused: friendly manner, ability to deal with public professionally in person and on the telephone (E)
- Team player (E)
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Interviews of selected candidates will be held shortly after the closing date at the Royal United Services Institute's offices at No 9 Whitehall, London. Location details will be provided to selected candidates. An interview date and time will be arranged with the candidate.
Apply by email to Michael Codner, Director of Personnel Services at email@example.com. Please send an up to date curriculum vitae and application letter explaining why you are suited to the post.
All applications will be acknowledged.
Candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.