Date Added: 9 March 2017
: 23 March 2017
Job Title: Policy Manager
Working For: Carbon Capture and Storage Association
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Policy Manager is responsible for working with the CCSA Board and members to support the development and implementation of CCS-supportive policies in the UK, Europe and international bodies.
The individual will be responsible for managing and delivering the CCSA’s work on a number of diverse policy areas. This will include the management and coordination of CCSA Working Groups, drafting of position papers and reports, coordinating with stakeholders, and representing the association externally. The Policy Manager will also help support the broader delivery of CCSA member services and assist the promotion and development of the CCSA.
In addition to CCSA responsibilities, the Policy Manager will also be responsible for the provision of secretariat services to the European Zero Emission Technology and Innovation Platform (ZEP), including providing technical and policy input to a number of ZEP work streams.
A detailed job description can be found at:
The person required for this role will be expected to demonstrate some or all of the following qualifications, attributes and experience:
• Education to degree level in an appropriate discipline
• Good working knowledge of UK and EU energy, industrial and environmental policy areas
• Experience in policy development
• Good understanding of the principles of CCS and its potential role to reduce CO2 emissions
• Personable with well-developed presentation skills
• Ability to promote CCSA and ZEP to potential members
• Experience of formulating and being responsible for the delivery of work programmes
• High level of self motivation
• Willingness to travel frequently within Europe
Closing Date: 23 March 2017
Interviews are expected to be held during the week beginning 27th March 2017, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.