Date Added: 13 March 2017
: 14 April 2017
Job Title: Junior Caseworker
Working For: Simon Kirby MP (Brighton Kemptown)
Location: Telscombe Cliffs, East Sussex
Salary: £17,000 - £19,500
Simon Kirby MP is looking to appoint a full-time Junior Caseworker on a 6 month contract, with possible extension depending on performance, to assist his team in the day-to-day running of his Constituency office in Telscombe Cliffs.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, reliable and at ease working as part of a small team. He/she will demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks working under the supervision of the Senior Caseworker and the Office Manager. Knowledge of the local area is also favourable but not essential.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence
• Assisting with casework
• Handling telephone enquiries
• General office administration and support
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
The following skills are essential:
• Good communication skills
• A friendly telephone manner
• Strong writing skills
• An excellent knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet
• Good academic record
• Experience is desired but not essential as training will be given
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 April 2017
Interviews will be held in March/April and we may appoint before the closing date.
Start date March/April 2017.
Please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.
Please note only candidates who are asked to come for an interview will be contacted.