Date Added: 13 March 2017
: 29 March 2017
Job Title: Projects Information Officer
Working For: Human Dignity Trust
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on skills and experience
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and experienced Projects Information Officer to be responsible for managing and developing the organisation’s research, global civil society relationships, online resources and special projects and events, and for keeping abreast of relevant international developments.
- Information Management
- Public Relations/Communications
- Events and Special Projects
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- A degree or equivalent qualification (a law degree would be desirable).
- A postgraduate qualification in human rights or equivalent.
- Experience of working as a researcher and/or civil society trainer/liaison in international human rights, preferably with a focus on the rights of LGBT people.
- A proven track record of researching, managing and disseminating information for an organisation.
- Strong track record of building relationships externally.
- Proven experience in managing websites and social media, and building an organisations media profile.
- Fluent in English with strong writing, editorial and oral advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with all persons at all levels.
- Ability to work both independently and with others, as well as in a small team environment.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters.
Desired qualifications, experience and skills
- Experience of working with different countries’ legal systems.
- Experience of practically applying human rights law and working with non-governmental organisations.
- Experience of working with human rights organisations.
- Experience of working with LGBT people and organisations.
- Experience in a PR/communications based role. This must have included dealing with the press.
- Knowledge and experience of litigation, including using regional and international human rights instruments.
- Familiarity with the geographic regions in which the HDT works, and the Commonwealth in particular, is a definite advantage.
- A good knowledge of other languages (particularly French or Arabic) would be an advantage.
FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE SEE THE VACANCIES PAGE ON OUR WEBSITE: http://www.humandignitytrust.org/pages/CONTACT/VACANCIES.
Closing Date: 29 March 2017
Interviews to be held (by Skype, if necessary): 11 April 2017.
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter of no more than two pages explaining why you are suitable for the job to: email@example.com.
Due to limited resources, HDT will contact only the shortlisted candidates.