Date Added: 14 March 2017
: 13 May 2017
Job Title: Intern - Corporate Communications
Working For: Portland
Salary: £76.92 per day
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our team deploys its extensive in-depth experience of UK Government and Parliament to support clients in their dealings with policy makers.
The intern may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the Corporate team:
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to designated clients
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books
- Preparing activity reports for clients
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity
Qualifications and Skills
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English
- Experience of Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for politics and elections is essential.
- Experience of Westminster, Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
Closing Date: 13 May 2017
Start date: As soon as possible.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.