Date Added: 14 March 2017
: 31 March 2017
Job Title: Support Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Joan Ryan MP (Enfield North)
Salary: £22,500 pro rata (4 days/32 hours per week)
Rt Hon Joan Ryan MP has a part-time vacancy for a Support Officer in her Westminster office.
The successful candidate should be motivated, highly organised and have a keen attention to detail.
The job will primarily be based in Westminster, although some occasional work in the constituency will be required. In addition, some evening and weekend work may be necessary on an ad hoc basis.
The job will be for 4 days a week (32 hours per week) – Monday to Thursday.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Respond effectively and courteously to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents and organisations, particularly in relation to political issues;
• Liaise with individuals and groups at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public, on the Member's behalf as necessary;
• Manage the Member’s diary;
• Provide efficient clerical, administrative and general office support;
• Provide organisational support for events in Westminster and the constituency;
• Ensure all matters, particularly involving constituents, are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, adhering to the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times;
• Other duties may be assigned on an ad hoc basis.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• A keen attention to detail;
• Proficiency in IT, particularly MS Office;
• The ability to prioritise their own workload and work to tight deadlines;
• Sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
Interview dates: Week beginning Tuesday 18th April (following Easter Monday).
Start date: ASAP.
Please send your CV and a one page covering letter to: email@example.com.
If you require any further information regarding the role, please call Joan's office on 0207 219 2442.
We will acknowledge all applicants, whether you have been successfully selected for interview or not.