Date Added: 14 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Researcher and Event Assistant
Working For: Social Vision
Salary: National minimum wage (£6.95 per hour) or national living wage if age 25 or over (£7.50 per hour)
Social Vision LSE Alumni Network - a respected think thank and network, focusing on multidimensional aspects of inequality.
The main aim of the role is to join a team of dedicated LSE Researchers who are committed to a more equal and fair society.
- Help organise our forthcoming event on Child Poverty in Britain, which will explore the causes and consequences of deprivation.
- Write feature articles and research papers on an array of topics - social policy, international development, social psychology. Other disciplines of social science relevant to poverty and inequality issues, within a framework of current government policies, including welfare reforms.
- Need to be well organised, have the ability to write on a very high level and be intellectually alert.
- Good presentation skills especially Power Point.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills and self confidence.
- Ability to appreciate and analyse complex issues of poverty and gender inequality.
- Good knowledge of social research methodologies (statistics).
The project will involve team work and will last until early June before the exam period commences.
Location: Central London, Primrose Hill ( next to Regent's Park).
Hours: Flexible, minimum 4 to 5 hours a week with a possibility for more.
For more information about our work visit our website at www.socialvisiononline.com.
You can also follow us on our LinkedIn page www.linkedin.com/company-beta/10395609.
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
We will be holding on-going interviews and we reserve the right to choose candidates before the closing date.
Write a short note stating you capabilities, relevant to the topics discussed above. Also include a two-page CV. Send the documents to email@example.com. Kindly address all applications to Mr G Barua - LSE Alumnus, Founder of Social Vision.